Join us for a Men’s Motorcycle Ride on Saturday, October 3rd meeting at 8:30am at the church. We will be offering two different rides – a short ride and a long ride (see details below). Open to all men 18 years and up at Saylorville. Feel free to invite guests – this would be a great outreach opportunity! Please register so we know how many will be riding. More details below.
Look forward to seeing you men for a time of connection as we ride together.
- Meet at Saylorville Church. Check in at 8:30am. Ride will leave around 9:00am.
- Although mopeds are crazy cool, to keep up, you will need a motorcycle at least 300CC and up.
- We will be leaving from Saylorville Church and will be heading north and west.
- The ride will take us up past Saylorville Lake, Madrid and eventually ride through Ledges State Park with a stop in Boone. (Those who do not wish to ride through the Ledges – avoiding the water crossings – will have a chance to bypass that portion of the ride.)
- Approximately 60 miles of riding and two to three hours of time.
- Those who would like to attend but desire a shorter ride will have that option. Plans are being made for a shorter loop that will not go as far north before heading back around Saylorville Lake to the church starting point. Those details will be shared with those who sign up for the shorter ride.
- The shorter ride will be approximately half of the distance and time of the main course.
Please register you and any guests that may be joining you for the full ride or the short ride.
Rain date is Saturday, October 10th at the same time for arrival, departure and completion.
Men, join us on Saturday, October 3rd at the Ankeny Market and Pavilion (AMP) in Ankeny (715 W 1st St, Ankeny, IA 50023). Park in the AMP parking lot. We will be leaving at 8:00am. There will be two bicycle rides offered.
The first is a 15-mile ride on the High Trestle Trail to the Oasis and back to AMP. This ride will take about an hour to complete.
The second ride is a 35-mile ride out to Big Creek to take the Neal Smith Trail down to Cottonwood and back to Ankeny to follow the Irvinedale Trail up to NW 18th. We will go east to the High Trestle Trail and back to the AMP. This ride will take about 2-2.5 hours to complete.
You are free to leave once the ride is done or hang out and talk afterward. This will be a great opportunity to meet other men in our church and get some exercise. No need to sign up.