Instructions for Serving in the Coffee Cove
An opportunity for Community Groups to share life by serving together
The Coffee Cove provides an immediate connection point after the Sunday Worship services for newcomers and regular attenders.
Before your scheduled day of serving:
- Check the Coffee Cove schedule and make note of the dates when your Community Group gets to serve. You will also get an email reminder several weeks before your date.
- Communicate with your Community Group, encouraging everyone to be involved in serving.
On your day of serving:
- The Coffee Cove opens after the first service ends (approximately 8:55 am) and closes after the third service begins (approximately 11:05 am).
- The church provides the donuts. We ask that your Community Group provide the fruit. Each group member can bring a plate of fruit (E.g., bananas, apples, grapes, boxed raisins, etc.).
- Although we can’t provide special food for every diet, we do want to provide healthy options for those who are trying to eat healthy!
- Prepare the donuts and fruit, put them on serving trays and put them on tables.
- Please wear gloves when handling any food.
- Make sure if you have food that includes peanuts that you separate that out on separate trays so people know that there are peanuts.
- Donuts and fruit should be put out just before the Coffee Cove opens.
- Make a mixed tray of donuts and fruit for Rise Up and have it ready at 9:30 am.
- Set out the coffee carafes, supplies, water pitchers, donuts, napkins, and plates.
- Replenish food, water, napkins, etc. on the table throughout the morning. Check with the coffee servers to make sure the coffee pumper pots are full. Replenish when needed.
- Put the empty coffee pots on the counter at the small kitchen window and pick up full pots from the counter at the large kitchen window.
- Help clean up as the third service begins (approximately 11:05 am).
- Vacuum the Coffee Cove area
- Clean creamer containers and put creamer in fridge
- Throw out any trash
- Clean coffee pump pots and put away
After your day of serving:
- Take time to talk with your Community Group about how the experience of serving together impacted your group.
- Thanks for helping with this ministry. It has been super encouraging to visitors and gives people a great place to connect with others.
Questions? Contact Pastor Abe at 515-371-1466 or firstname.lastname@example.org